Nombre total de pages vues

Facebook Badge

mardi 9 août 2011

You Never Gave It Back...


I hate you, but I miss you too.
It's sad, I know,
it's pathetic, I get it,
but I still love you.


Somewhere between howling a falsetto to that old eighties song
and smiling that silly, stupid grin like you do
and being a complete, absolute idiot,
you stole my heart.


Maybe because I was the one who couldn't stop laughing when you
missed the high note.
Maybe because I know that I have that same smile plastered on my
face whenever I'm with you.


Maybe because I have a weakness for adorable idiots.
Somehow, you took it when I was not looking.
Or maybe I gave you, too enthralled by your puppy dog face and
those big, beautiful eyes to care.


But you never gave it back.
I'd tell you to keep it,
all it would do is make me think of you
and I'm not sure I want that.


Yet it's my heart,
I need it back.
Without it, I can't move on.
And I NEED to move on.


So thank you for the heartbreak,
thank you for the heartache;
I wish you every happiness that I could never give you.


Tragically,
pathetically,
forever yours:
I will always love you.


Aucun commentaire: